Thursday, February 18, 2010

Week 6: Day Two

Students are turning in their Paper 2 Drafts today and are playing around with some Web 2.0 tools to decide what they will be doing for their midterm course reflection.

The majority of the students chose to do the loggel but I'm pretty sure they didn't understand what it entailed. They thought it would involve simple text diary entries. I had had it on my original list of tools to use and removed it.

Nine students chose to do a loggel. Five will do vokis. Two chose to do blogs and one will do a movie.

No one chose Photostory or jing.


Check out this link about loggel. It is usually used for travel logs but metaphorically speaking their writing journey from Week 1 to Week 7 is going to be captured using text and the visual elements.

http://www.loggel.com/

Loggel can be accurately defined as a Lifelog community with a new format and the best part of it is that you will not have to pay anything at all to join it. This site is a great mixture of aesthetics and usefulness that gives you the chance to make use of modern web technologies in a very simple way. If you decide to use this solution you will be benefited with an interesting service that was especially created to allow you to record a diversity of life situations in multiple media resources.

Do you want to get in touch with friends as well as to be allowed to meet new people? If you do, this site will be giving you the chance to add texts and a variety of images, as well as audio files and a number of videos to your profile. This is a convenient service you can use in order to let the world know about the last big party or wedding you have attended, etc.

No matter if you want to publish your profile and your Lifelogs, or if you prefer to keep everything private, this is going to be the right site for you to have access to such an option.


Read more: http://www.killerstartups.com/Social-Networking/loggel-com-a-new-community-experience#ixzz0fvfXBZAH

5 comments:

  1. For the midterm, I decided to do a blog just like these ones because I feel that now-a-days blogging is a really big thing and it is something easy to read and can pertain to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and blogging goes to the world. I have had authors find me on my blog and respond. It is pretty cool to be published, right??

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the midterm, I decided to do a toondoo. It was kind of a pain in the butt but it was also fun at the same time. I thought it was great not just having to take a test but showing what you know in a different way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the midterm I decided to do a voki. The reason that I chose a voki is becasue I thought it would be the most innovative and technologically advanced way to convey what I learned over they first part of the semester.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I went back and forth trying to figure out if I wanted to do something I know how to do, and get a good grade; or doing something different that I had no idea how to do and hope for the best. The journal diaries are almost the exact same thing as blogging. I decided to be fearless and go with the Voki. When I first started out I could not get the words to flow out of my mouth when it was recording. I must have done my first Voki over fifteen times (no exaggeration). I finally got a handle on my nerves and was starting to record quicker as I went. This midterm was defiantly going to be a challenge

    ReplyDelete